Friday, May 22, 2009

Thought for Thursday

I always do the best I can
and when I know better, I do better!

Apologies for the Thursday thought not appearing until Friday! My Dear One was travelling for work and came home last night. I thought he might feel a bit miffed if I started blogging and didn't take time out to do some hand holding.

I don't really remember where this quote came from. I think it was some sort of self esteem programme and I always displayed it in the classroom when I was teaching. I think it is important for kids to know and believe that they are wise and wonderful and that we are always learning, striving and improving the way we do things.

It occurred to me that this sentiment has great application for us as wives, mothers, domestic goddesses, friends, crafters, designers, business women...whatever hat you may be wearing at the moment. We are great at second guessing ourselves and our decisions and, sometimes, that can be an unkind thing to do to ourselves. So, be kind to yourself. Accept that you are doing the best you can and, for now, that is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment