Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Dreaded Lurgy


The dreaded lurgy has struck the Cute as Buttons workroom.  After about 6 weeks of nursing the various buttons through a multitude of ailments, I have taken to my sick bed with a particularly vicious bug.  I shall rest up and return to blogging and comments on Friday.  

I'm going to go to bed with some honey and lemon tea and I do hope you avoid the coughs and colds.  If you don't, there really is nothing as comforting as the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey topped up with boiling water and sipped slowly.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, Please get better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooooo! Hope you get better really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I hope you will feel well in no time!
    If you add some thyme infusion it should even be more efficient, Thyme is very good natural antibiotic....
    I have made the Impossible lemon pie (very yummm with sme vanilla ice cream) you generously posted the other day and linked it to you...hope it makes you feel better now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping into my blog. Best of luck with the giveaway.

    Hope you're feeling better soon. Our family are still struggling with the flu. I'll have to remember your suggestion of the old 'honey lemon tea' trick, I'd forgotten about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better! I had a nasty cold that one of the students on my school bus decided to share with me. It's almost gone (3.5 weeks now).
    Luckily none of us have picked up the flu though.
    Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no! Your est up for as long as you need and return whenever you need. I hope it goes away very, very soon! xx

    ReplyDelete