Friday, August 13, 2010

BiTM's Night Under the Stars


A fortnight ago, I spent a balmy, winter evening in the wonderful company of the BrisStyle gang in King George Square. As I sit here in multiple layers, wrapped in a blanket and sipping tea, it is a little hard to believe that on that night we were wearing short sleeve tees and I even spotted some shoppers in sundresses and tank tops! It was a gorgeous evening with lots of enthusiastic shoppers who were genuinely excited to discover our handmade treasures beneath the twinkling lights.

At the last BiTM I was part of the Co-Op stall. This time around I decided to set up shop in my own marquee and spread out a little. Nanny Button came with me to help out and she was worth her weight in gold! As the office workers started to make their way through King George Square, the crowds surged and I thought about phoning for reinforcements but we seemed to grow the extra hands required and sailed through the night, footsore but very happy. I did manage to sneak away for a visit to Nan's Garden, Kitty Boo Boo and Mon Petit Poppet. Molly was the lucky recipient of one of Steph's dolls and they haven't parted company since.

You might remember this post about something new I was working on. Well, the Molly Mop Tops were a big success and will now become a standard item in our range. So, Emma from {the handmade amoeba}, please let me know where to send yours as the name you suggested is the one I have chosen! I am also getting ready to post one to the winner of our first, Facebook draw. Best get a wiggle on as it is almost time for another one so sign up if you haven't already done so!
The new, shorter denim skirts with trims and small appliques were also a hit. I have made more summer, denim skirts featuring embroidered butterflies, flowers and cherries for The Handmade Expo's 2nd Birthday next Saturday. I will be letting you know about the birthday special a little later next week. Hopefully next week will see a return to normal programming about here and I will reply to your comments and emails very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment