Friday, July 23, 2010

My Creative Space

In my creative space this week, there are hair pretties and brooches getting gussied up and ready for the BiTM next Friday in King George Square. Any that don't find homes on Friday night will be joining Deb and I at the launch of The Butterfly Tree market on the Gold Coast on Sunday, August 1. More details about the markets are here and here. The fabulous host of all this creative goodness is Kirsty over at Kootoyoo.
I also have quite a bit of white fluff lurking in my space this week. My Molly girl goes through a great number of pyjama tops because her damp/wet hair drips all over the neck and makes it wet and erky. I've been trying a few ways to prevent this but wasn't totally happy with any of them and decided to make something to do the job. I don't have a catchy name for it so let's call it an After Shower Cap. It's based on the principle of a shower cap but is made from towelling. After the bath just pop it on the hair for half an hour or so and the towelling absorbs most of the moisture. Like a towel, it can just air dry over a door knob or hook. I'm fairly certain I had something like this when I was a wee one but the details are sketchy and I'll have to confer with Nanny Button.

I've added an applique and some binding because we like a bit of girly bath stuff around here. In spite of Mr Button sniggering and asking where I've hidden the sheep, I'm so darn happy with it I think I might make one for myself and then a few more to take to the markets. I'd really like a better name for it and would love some ideas. If your idea is selected then one of the After Shower Caps will make it's way to your house. Just let me know if you want the Molly size or the Mummy size.

10 comments:

  1. I love those yo-yos... I wish i could make some as nice as yours... I HAVE TRIED... oh well I think I will have to go to the market and pick some lovelies up! I love how girlie the cap is... I too remember something like it - but no where near as nice. How 'bout something like a 'dry cap' or 'shower drier' hmm... I really do like the name as it is though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving those brooches Lisa. The after shower cap is an absolutely great idea (although I did laugh out loud at Mr Button's sniggering). I love the binding applique - very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must say the sight of Molly Button wearing said cap, had me picturing her with a flock of sheep and a crook in hand. Gave me much mirth for a Friday night... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa

    They look like the bonnets worn by bathing beauties of yesteryear. So we submit something along the B line - Buttons Bathing Bonnets or Beauties Bathing Bonnets for your consideration.

    p.s. I'm an Accountant so not known for creativity other than with numbers!

    p.p.s Georgia says can I please have one?

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I use a similar type of head towel after a shower because my hair also drips everywhere and gives me the shivers.
    I think it needs a 'cutesy' type name... hmmmm but I just can't think of anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking along the lines of M's for Molly so I think Molly Mop Top - it mops up the water on top of Molly!!! ;) She looks very cute modelling it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea Lisa!name...the shower fluffy!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you're so clever Lisa and so paractical for me as I now have long hair and suffer the "wetness" after bathing my self! Thinking, thinking mmm how about The "Cute as Cap " ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shower Sheep! Shower Shag!! Drip n Dry! Truly is so cute and you better get making as I believe you are about to sell heaps!! Cute as Deborah!!!Denim by Buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa - all I can say is don't forget about all of us when you get on Oprah or Martha Stewart for all your wonderful and clever ideas. I will need at least 3 of these for the girls in my family.

    ReplyDelete