Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Creative Space


This week my creative space is about how a little idea can stay with you and evolve over time. When I was a lass, I had a bit of a thing for Noah's Ark...I worked a few cross stitched pieces and collected lots of plates and embroideries on the theme and as I collected them I always had a notion to use them in a nursery one day. When I was pregnant with my eldest son, I made a Noah's Ark, patchwork, cot, quilt using this little guy to complete the nursery. When the twins came along, the quilt became a wall hanging and my little friend turned up in a canvas.

In a side note, I do hope the twins understand that although they have a very basic, appliquéd animal, blanket (made whilst on compulsory bed rest), it is the mothering equivalent of a patchwork quilt for the firstborn child. I'd hate to think I've created some sort of in utero sibling rivalry requiring hours of counselling. Perhaps I should get started on a couple more quilts just in case.
Recently, he has been revamped, texturised with chenille goodness and modified to be a Cute as Buttons design. I wonder what he'll look like in another seven years? For infinitely more creative doings, pop over and visit Kirsty at Kootooyoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment