Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sometimes the most urgent thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.
Ashleigh Brilliant

Do you ever read something that seems it was meant just for you? I did when I found this quote. Resting is a part of life that I think we sometimes undervalue. Did you know that Maria Montessori was the first educator to 'recognize children's innate need for intervals of stillness to nourish their inner peace'? (Wolf 2007, via our school newsletter) I think the universe is telling me I need to take care of my own need for rest and inner peace. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Yep. That quote was meant for me. Cancelling everything tomorrow. I have dead fly french knots to do (don't ask). Oh, and rest. Can complete rest involve french knots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, love aussie blogs! Am enjoying connecting with clever, crafting mums all over the world with blogging. I have followed for you, so please check out my blogs @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ and http://homemadeforkids.blogspot.com/ Jane:)

    ReplyDelete